Anyone can benefit from a spa day, but not everyone can make the trip to an actual spa. But that’s not an issue; you can put together an effective at home spa ritual to unwind without leaving the comfort of your own home!
First things first, carve out some ‘me time!’
As easy as this sounds, it’s also the most challenging step! With all the stress and responsibilities that come with working, parenting, and studying, give yourself some grace! Set aside a few minutes to pause and allow a moment of peace. You deserve it, after all!
Set the Tone:
Light a Candle or Diffuse Essential Oils
Scents can have a significant impact on our mindset and moods. You can help to promote a relaxing atmosphere by filling the room with soothing and aromatic scents from a candle or an essential oil diffuser.
Steep a Cup of Tea
Nothing says “spa” like a hot cup of tea! By sipping on a hot drink (herbal or non-caffeinated teas do the trick!), you’re not just warming up your body; you’re also getting all the antioxidant properties and nutrients to nourish from the inside out!
Play Some Relaxing Tunes
Spotify and Apple Music have fabulous spa playlists I have used in the treatment room! With that being said, you can play whatever music relaxes you. I love playing some of the Persona 5 soundtrack while winding down in my own time!
Prep Yourself a Luxurious Bath
For the ultimate spa-like experience, you can treat yourself to a long full-body soak filled with calming magnesium salts, fragrant bath oils, or even a bath bomb! And if you don’t have a bathtub, there’s nothing like giving yourself a foot bath!
Aesthetician’s Guide for an At-Home Facial
Here’s the main event of our ritual: the facial! As a skin therapist, I find that giving myself a facial is more relaxing than receiving a professional service! If you’d like to experience a luxurious and professional-grade facial at home, here’s a helpful step-by-step guide!
- Steam your face: Use a steaming tool or a hot bowl of water. For extra luxe, gently wrap a hot towel on your face and let it steep for a few minutes. Take care when handling hot liquids!
- Cleanse: Give your face a thorough cleanse to remove excess grime, oils, and loosened dirt. If you have a gentle cleansing tool, this is the best time to use it!
- Exfoliate: Now that your skin is clean, you can turn to an exfoliating product like a peel, enzyme, or polish to encourage cell turnover and renewal for glowing skin. You can also use a lip scrub to exfoliate your lips if needed.
- Cover: Afterwards, you can use a hydocolloid patch to cover congested areas or active breakouts.
- Massage: Make sure your hands or beauty tools are clean before giving yourself a massage! Be gentle so that you don’t break any capillaries around sensitive areas.
- Toner: Spritz on a toner spray to restore needed hydration back to your skin.
- Serum or Mask: You can add a few drops of your serum and massage into skin, or treat it to a nourishing sheet mask to give your face some extra care (while freeing up your hands)!
- Moisturizer: Lock in all the hydrated goodness with a moisturizer or night cream!
- Eye Cream: Lastly, give your undereyes some love with a nourishing eye cream to wrap up your at home spa facial!
Activities to Treat Yourself the Rest of Your At Home Spa Day
Don’t run out the door just yet! Give the rest of your spa day with some mindfulness or other relaxing activities!
Some suggestions include but aren’t limited to:
- Casual Gaming
These are just a few suggestions for creating an effective, relaxing, and rejuvenating at-home spa experience! If this guideline doesn’t suit you, you can change it and make it your own!
Check out our full collection on Shop My Shelf: https://shopmy.us/collections/public/91797
Want to see more discount codes? Check out the link: https://shopmyshelf.us/collections/51665
Sign up for our free online newsletter: https://bwth.in/newsletter
Shop all of our curated faves at: https://bwth.in/shop
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more information and product recommendations: https://bwth.in/subscribe