When we think about beauty, we typically consider our outer appearance. From extensive skincare routines to makeup application, we work hard to look good. But what do we do to feel good? A healthy view of our self-image comes down to our inner health, which directly affects our physical appearance. Here are a few inner health recommendations to positively feed your physical and emotional health for your best health in 2023.
Trust Your Gut
When our skin is inflamed and red, something is most likely going on with our gut. You will probably experience breakouts, dry skin, inflammation, and other skin concerns if you have an unhealthy gut. The health of your gut is essential not only to your general health but also to your skin’s appearance! Here are a few things we can do to improve our gut health:
- Diet: You know the saying, you are what you eat? This is precisely why we need to eat fiber-rich foods such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Eating raw and healthy foods over processed foods will help to reduce harmful bacteria in the body!
- Healthy movements: You don’t have to exercise rigorously. But it helps to get a little bit of movement each day. Exercise will help to promote gut movement and reduce stress!
- Probiotics and supplements: Probiotics are good for our health and digestive system. They provide our bodies with good bacteria that help us keep our bodies healthy. It helps our body to digest food, create vitamins, and keep harmful bacteria from making us sick.
Find Inner Peace to Heal our Inner Health
There are many times when we overlook our mental well-being. Our mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It determines how we think, feel, act, and handle stress. No question, how we feel inside is how we look on the outside. If we don’t find peace within ourselves, it can affect our skin and hair!
Common skin concerns for those struggling with inner peace include acne resulting from stress, itching, eczema, and even rosacea. Even if it is taking a few baths a week or starting a peaceful meditating routine, there are ways to add a slice of peace into your life without disrupting your duties!
- Nightly routines: Hopping in a bath with your favorite book can help you destress from the stressful day you may have had! Whether taking a bath or indulging in a luxurious ten-step skincare routine, find a routine that fits your lifestyle to help you declutter your mind and brain.
- Journal for the soul: Journaling helps to minimize too many extra thoughts. Sometimes we think of scenarios in our mind or go the extra length to think of future clapbacks! I do it, you do it, and we all do it. Instead of thinking it all in your head, write it out! Writing out your thoughts will help you to revisit them and meditate on them.
- Hot Teas: Drinking warm water and hot teas can help you instantly feel calm. Ponder at life over a hot cup of green tea and feed your body the warmth it deserves!
See all products in our Shop My Shelf collection: https://shopmy.us/collections/public/107007
Want to see more discount codes? Check out the link: https://shopmyshelf.us/collections/51665
Sign up for our free online newsletter: https://bwth.in/newsletter
Shop all of our curated faves at: https://bwth.in/shop
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more information and product recommendations: https://bwth.in/subscribe