Summer is ending soon, so why not enjoy the sun while we can with a long weekend away? Recently, I took a trip to New York City with my family to celebrate a birthday. While I travel, no matter how far or close I go, I like to keep my skincare routine super simple! I will share the holy grail skincare I packed for my short-term travels to NYC. I have super sensitive acne-prone skin, so if you do too, these products should work well for you!
1Makeup Remover: SATURDAY SKIN Melt + Cleanse Makeup Melting Balm
Cleansing balms are easier to travel with than cleansing oils. I opted to bring this one from Saturday Skin. It is still relatively new, but I have been testing this before launch, and it is safe to say this is an excellent cleansing balm! The product itself is extremely gentle and does not strip my skin dry. The balm is formulated with hydrating ingredients that also brighten my skin!
- Pumpkin Seed Oil melts away the makeup and impurities while hydrating the skin.
- Fruit Acid Mix gently exfoliates the skin for brighter and smoother-looking skin.
- Purple Complex helps to reduce inflammation.
2Water-Based Cleanser: YOUTH TO THE PEOPLE Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser
Typically, I don’t like to travel with products with glass packaging but this cleanser is an exception! I love the diverse sizes available for this product, including this deluxe sample-sized version for traveling! The product itself is simple and effective since it cleanses, hydrates, and protects the skin with a superfood blend of ingredients. Imagine drinking green juice but for the face – that is exactly how this cleanser feels!
- Kale supports the skin with phytonutrients and vitamins and leaves the skin glowy.
- Spinach provides a soothing and cooling experience.
- Green Tea hydrates the skin and fights signs of aging.
3Toner: COSRX One Step Green Hero Calming Pad
One reason why I love toner pads is due to the convenience! When traveling, I love bringing around toner pads to avoid adding any extra liquid to my luggage. I recommend these toner pads from COSRX because they are pre-soaked but contain no excess liquid in the container. The pad is also embossed on one side, allowing for gentle physical exfoliation!
- Green-Rx Complex that gently soothes irritated skin.
- 75% Green Tea Water hydrates the skin.
- Centella Asiatica reduces redness and calms the skin.
4Moisturizer: LA ROCHE-POSAY Cicaplast Balm B5
Whether you have acne-prone skin or dry skin, this balm is the perfect product! I use this as a moisturizer for my face, lips, and any extremely dry body parts! I love how this balm can be used for multiple purposes and is safe for adults, children, and babies. If you have a pimple coming up, you can also use this as a spot treatment to soothe the irritated area. The only issue? I wish it came in a larger size!
- Panthenol (Vitamin B5) helps soothe and moisturize the skin.
- Shea Butter helps restore the skin’s barrier and hydrates the skin.
- Madecassoside nourishes irritated skin.
5Sunscreen: ZITSTICKA Megashade SPF50
A sunscreen specifically formulated for breakout-prone skin? Yes, please! This SPF serum is a mineral-chemical hybrid sunscreen. The product is sheer and provides a luminous finish with no white cast! It makes for a perfect final step in your skincare routine.
- Niacinamide brightens the skin and minimizes hyperpigmentation.
- Aloe Leaf Juice hydrates and soothes irritated skin.
- Ceramides protect the skin barrier.
Want to see more discount codes? Check out the link: https://shopmyshelf.us/collections/51665
Sign up for our free online newsletter: https://bwth.in/newsletter
Shop all of our curated faves at: https://bwth.in/shop
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more information and product recommendations: https://bwth.in/subscribe