A few years ago, I had a sudden urge to dye my hair from a natural dark-brown and black to pink-red hair. To get the color I wanted, I had to bleach my hair four times and color it twice afterward. Unfortunately, I ended up coloring my hair black again a few months afterward. Since then, my hair’s condition has never been the same. It was my first time bleaching and dying my hair, so I thought nothing bad would happen. Little did I know that I would be experiencing dry and frizzy hair to this day! Although the biggest help in healing my hair was cutting it short, there are a few star products that have made my hair feel more loved. Read on to learn about the five products I use to help my super frizzy and damaged hair!
1AVEDA Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
I typically have an oily scalp. So when my hair became extremely frizzy after the multiple bleaching sessions, it wasn’t easy finding a purifying shampoo without drying out my hair even more. While getting my drastic haircut, my hair stylist recommended Aveda! As soon as I heard about this shampoo, I knew I had to try it. Two years later, I’m still using this shampoo! This shampoo is perfect for oily hair, and it makes my hair super clean and does not dry out my hair or scalp. I also love how it removes product buildup and impurities perfectly!
- Peppermint Leaf Extract clears dead skin and bacteria.
- Rosemary Leaf Extract promotes healing in the scalp and improves hair growth.
- White Vinegar helps purify the scalp.
2LIVING PROOF Perfect hair Day (PhD) Triple Detox Shampoo
At times, I like to use an ultra-clarifying and detoxing shampoo. This shampoo from Living Proof is gentle yet effectively removes product buildup, pollution, and hard water residue! The shampoo gives me visible results and keeps my hair fresh, especially when I feel that my hair oils and serums cause my scalp to feel “clogged”. Since this is a deeply cleansing product, I make sure to use this once or twice a week at most!
- Charcoal Powder cleanses the impurities and sebum to allow for healthy hair.
- Scalp Moisturizing and Soothing Complex balances hydration and reinforces the scalp’s natural barrier.
- Witch Hazel keeps the scalp healthy and prevents it from getting too greasy.
3MOROCCANOIL Moroccanoil Treatment Hair Oil
An OG and cult-classic product that is loved by many, the Moroccanoil Treatment! This argan oil-infused hair treatment absorbs quickly, helps improve shine, softens and hydrates, and smooths frizz and flyaways. Although this treatment works wonders for damaged and dry hair, I find this my frizzy hair drinking this up! I also love how thick and silky this treatment feels. My favorite way to use this product is putting on a generous amount on the ends of my hair and using it as an oil mask!
- Argan Oil hydrates and nourishes the hair.
- Linseed Extract helps improve the overall health of the hair.
4LIVING PROOF Triple Bond Complex Leave-In Hair Treatment
As someone with extremely damaged and colored hair, I turn to this treatment when I need some serious care. This hair strengthener treatment prevents hair breakage and reduces signs of split ends, thanks to the blend of lipids and peptides. While the ingredients almost remind me of skincare, I love how this is one of the most effective haircare products I used! I love how smooth my hair feels afterwards, and I can instantly feel my hair getting thicker and stronger! And since this treatment also offers heat protection up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, I think it’s perfectly convenient for anyone who needs an extra oomph while styling!
- 3-D Fortifying Technology helps rebuild and resist damage.
- Encapsulated Cellular Oil helps defend the hair against heat and UV damage.
- Biomimetic Emollient Blend smooths the hair and restores the softness and shine.
5AMIKA Soulfood Nourishing Hair Mask
The Amika hair mask is one of my favorite all time hair masks! Since it deeply nourishes hair and restores damage, I love using this as a daily conditioner or a weekly mask. Every time I use this, bam! My bleached and frizzy hair becomes irresistibly soft and smooth! I also love how the brand has so many different sizes for this product, so I find it especially perfect when I need a hair mask to travel with!
- Jojoba Seed Oil moisturizes the scalp and nourishes the hair with vitamins and minerals.
- Sea Buckthorn moisturizes the scalp and reduces flakiness and itchiness.
- Panthenol penetrates moisture deeper into each hair strand and prevents breakage.
To see all products, view our entire collection in Shop My Shelf: https://shopmy.us/collections/69641
Want to see more discount codes? Check out the link: https://shopmyshelf.us/collections/51665
Sign up for our free online newsletter: https://bwth.in/newsletter
Shop all of our curated faves at: https://bwth.in/shop
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more information and product recommendations: https://bwth.in/subscribe