Glass skin, jello skin, dolphin skin, and now cloud skin. This is a trend that’s gained popularity in recent years, and it’s not hard to see why – who wouldn’t want to have skin that looks like it’s been kissed by the clouds? Let’s explore the ins and outs of this trend, from the skincare routine you need to the techniques that can help you achieve this delicate look.
What Is Cloud Skin?
Cloud skin is a new trend focusing on achieving a soft, radiant, and almost ethereal complexion. The term is inspired by the soft, fluffy texture of clouds, and the goal of the trend is to create a similarly delicate and almost weightless look for the skin. With warmer days ahead, seeing a more semi-matte look become popular is great! This is the perfect balance between matte and radiant, achieving the best of both worlds!
Skincare For Cloud Skin
this was so fun to film ??? #cloudskin #cloudskinmakeup #cloudskintutorial products mentioned: @etude_official soon jung 2x barrier intensive cream @isntree hyaluronic acid aqua gel concentrate moisturizer and watery sun gel @heimish_cosmetics artless glow base @elfcosmetics power grip #mattebase #softmattebase #skinprep #koreanskincare #koreanskincareproducts #elfpowergrip #isntree #etudehouse #mattebaseroutine? Her Way (Sped Up) – PARTYNEXTDOOR
If you want to achieve a semi-matte look for your skin, the key is to focus on both skin and makeup. Here’s a basic skincare routine that can help you prepare for the perfect ethereal look:
- Cleanse: Start with a gentle cleanser appropriate for your skin type to remove dirt, oil, and residue. A gentle cleanser will help keep your skin balanced and prevent it from feeling too dry or oily.
- Exfoliate: Use a chemical exfoliant, such as an AHA or BHA, 2-3 times a week to help remove dead skin cells and promote cell turnover. This will help to keep your skin looking smooth and bright.
- Hydrate: Apply a hydrating serum with ingredients like hyaluronic acid, glycerin, or ceramides to deeply hydrate your skin. This step is crucial for achieving a satin-finish look, as hydrated skin will appear plump and healthy.
- Moisturize: Choose a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer that won’t make your skin feel greasy. A moisturizer that contains ingredients like niacinamide or zinc can help to regulate oil production and reduce the appearance of pores.
- Protect: Finish your routine with broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. This will help to protect your skin from UV damage and prevent premature aging.
Makeup Tips For Cloud Skin
When it comes to makeup, you’ll want to choose products that can help you achieve a velvet finish. This can be achieved by balancing out your makeup’s matte and dewy qualities.
- Start with a good base: Apply a lightweight, oil-free primer to hydrate your skin and create a smooth canvas for your foundation step.
- Choose the right foundation: Look for a foundation that has a satin or demi-matte finish. Avoid foundations with an overly matte or shiny finish, as these can look too flat or oily for a non-glossy matte look.
- Use a beauty blender: Use a damp beauty blender to apply your foundation. This will help you to achieve smooth, even coverage without looking too heavy.
- Set with powder: Use a translucent setting powder to set your foundation and prevent shine or oiliness throughout the day.
- Keep the cheeks neutral: Stick to neutral shades for blush and bronzer, as these will help you to achieve a subtle, natural-looking glow without looking too shiny or glittery.
- Go for a soft lip: A demi-matte look is all about balance, so choose a lip product that’s hydrating and soft, like a tinted lip balm or a satin-finish lipstick.
- Finish with a setting spray: Finish off your look with a setting spray to help your look last all day and give you a soft matte finish.
Is This Trend Worth It?
Whether or not the cloud skin look is “worth it” depends on your personal preferences and goals. If you’re looking for a look that’s soft, natural-looking, and focuses on healthy, radiant skin, then this trend might be perfect for you. However, if you prefer a more full-coverage or dramatic look, then it might not be your ideal choice.
One benefit of this trend is that it focuses on skincare as much as makeup, which can help to improve the health and appearance of your skin over time. By hydrating and nourishing your skin with the right products, you can achieve a glowy, healthy-looking complexion that doesn’t rely solely on makeup.
Another benefit of it is that it can be customized to suit your personal preferences. Whether you prefer a matte or dewy finish, there are products and techniques that can help you achieve your desired look.
Ultimately, this look is worth it if you value healthy, radiant skin and a soft, natural-looking appearance. However, it’s important to remember that beauty is a personal choice and what works for one person might not work for another.
See all the best products for cloud skin in our Shop My Shelf collection: https://shopmy.us/collections/public/156261
Want to see more discount codes? Check out the link: https://shopmyshelf.us/collections/51665
Sign up for our free online newsletter: https://bwth.in/newsletter
Shop all of our curated faves at: https://bwth.in/shop
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more information and product recommendations: https://bwth.in/subscribe