Are you lying down in fetal position, irritated because of all that period pain? It’s common to feel discomfort before and during menstruation, and the reason is none other than – hormonal imbalance. But before you start looking for “quick-fix” remedies, try incorporating a variety of different foods into your diet for that lasting period cramps relief.
With that in mind, follow these three easy-to-make recipes to ease the pain:
Recipe #1- Soy Milk + Oats + Banana + Black Cherry Jam
Are you in the mood for something sweet and simple? This wonderful mix is filled with a bunch of vitamins and minerals that can keep your body happy and healthy. For instance, soy milk is a great source of magnesium, which can reduce pain by producing essential hormones. Rich in vitamin B, oats help to balance out the progesterone and estrogen levels. Don’t forget the bananas because they have enough potassium to soothe those cramped muscles for days!
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 cup oats
- Sliced banana
- Black cherry jam
- Lay out the oats in a mason jar or mug
- Add the banana slices
- Pour in the soy milk
- Top with a little bit of black cherry jam and enjoy! (best served warm)
Recipe #2- Sesame Oil Fried Egg
No better way to kick-start your day than with a nice breakfast! This recipe not only replenishes the body, but it also helps the uterus in many ways. Sesame oil works wonders by assisting in contractions and blood circulation. It’s even rich in zinc, as well as iron, copper, calcium, etc. To restore yourself back to health, add an egg. This high-quality protein is packed with essential omega fatty acids and other necessary nutrients to make sure everything is up and running!
- Sesame oil
- 2 large eggs
- Drizzle the sesame oil until it coats the bottom of the the pan and put it on medium heat
- Wait until hot, then crack each egg into the pan
- Cook for a few minutes until the edges are crispy and the yolk is to your liking
- Place each fried egg on a plate or on toast and enjoy!
Recipe #3- Ginger w/ Red Dates and Brown Sugar
This go-to beverage is a power remedy when it comes to menstrual cramps! Both ginger and brown sugar are ‘warming’ ingredients that compliment each other while giving your body the comfort that it needs. If you’re looking for something that’s even stronger, mix in some red dates. Next time you’re on your period, be sure to drink this for some added flavor!
- Add ginger slices, jujube dates, and brown sugar into a cup
- Pour in boiling water and stir until mixed
- Adjust sweetness if necessary and enjoy!
Head over to more information and product recommendations: