Cleansing is a step that is crucial for all skin types. These days, I have been testing a few products to find a cleanser for sensitive skin! I have a total of ten cleansers open and wanted to share my experience with each cleanser!
For your reference, I have very sensitive yet acne-prone skin. I struggle with hyperpigmentation, hormonal acne, and acne scars. My biggest concerns are fragrance and how stripping a cleanser would be after washing my face.
1Good Light Cosmic Dew Water Cleanser
Claims: This cleanser should remove all dirt and impurities, leaving behind a healthy glow
- Glycerin to hydrate and heal the skin barrier
- Laminaria Japonica to hydrate and rejuvenate the skin
- Fructooligosaccharides to reduce skin sensitivity
- Hyaluronic Acid to increase moisture
This simple, no-fuss cleanser cleans the skin well but does not strip my skin of its natural oils. One thing that I did not like about this cleanser is that sometimes it feels too hydrating. The cleanser’s natural fragrance is a little unpleasant, but this is the best option if you need a simple cleanser! If you have dry skin, this cleanser might be more suitable for your skin type!
2AXIS-Y Quinoa One Step Balanced Gel Cleanser
Size: 6.08 oz (180 mL)
Claims: This cleanser should clear makeup and pores in one easy step while maintaining a healthy pH level
- Quinoa to support the synthesis of collagen and elastin for supple, smooth skin
This cleanser is probably my favorite cleanser out of the ten! This cleanser is amazing due to its makeup-removing capabilities. I can use this cleanser on dry or wet skin to gently clean and keep my skin at a healthy pH level. Ultimately, this is the perfect cleanser for sensitive skin!
3PURE’AM Amino Acid Mild Cleanser
Size: 4.05 oz (120 mL)
Type: Micro-foaming face wash
Claims: This is a gentle yet powerful face wash that removes impurities without stripping the skin barrier
- 0.5% of Salicylic Acid to safely exfoliate dead skin cells and excess oils without damaging the skin barrier
- Dandelion leaf extract to nourish the barrier of the skin
- Amino Acid Surfactant to deep cleanse the skin without irritating the skin
If you need a cleanser that gently exfoliates the skin and provides nutrition to the skin barrier, this is the best cleanser to use! The price is affordable, but at the same time, the ingredients are great for a hydrating cleansing experience. If you need a gentle yet exfoliating cleanser, this cleanser for sensitive skin is perfect!
4HERBIVORE PINK CLOUD Rosewater + Tremella Creamy Jelly Cleanser
Size: 3.4 oz (100 mL)
Type: Low-foaming, jelly cleanser
Claims: This cleanser is a low-foaming, non-drying, ph balanced, and hydrating cleanser formulated to prepare the skin for the rest of the skincare routine
- Tremella Mushroom, a superfood mushroom that is shown to be more effective than topical Hyaluronic Acid in hydrating the skin
- Rose Hydrosol to hydrate and soothe the skin
- Squalane to help remove makeup while locking in moisture
The rose scent of this cleanser is not my favorite, but it is an extremely gentle yet hydrating formula. The product itself has a luxurious texture and is perfect for those with sensitive skin. I think it would be a better experience if the cleanser’s natural rose scent was not as overpowering as it is. If you like a skincare product for its sensorial effect, this is the product for you!
5KEYS SOULCARE Be Luminous Powder Exfoliator with Lactic Acid
Size: 2.29 oz (65 g)
Type: Water-activated exfoliating powder, powder to foam
Claims: Although not a face cleanser, this powder to-foam exfoliator is a great product to cleanse and exfoliate the skin
- Hojicha Powder to provide a gentle, non-stopping exfoliation for the skin
- Lactic Acid to hydrate the skin and gently exfoliate the skin for a brighter appearance
- Mung Beans to mildly and gently buff away the skin’s dullness
- Oats to soothe and calm the skin for a smoother and more even texture
Although this product is not exactly a cleanser, it is an amazing exfoliating cleanser! The powder instantly transforms into foam, and the scent is the most luxurious, spa-like fragrance. This cleanser instantly brightens my face, and I would also consider using this on my body! It is so convenient and easy to use as well!
6LANEIGE Water Bank Blue Hyaluronic Cleansing Foam
Size: 1.6 oz (50 mL)
Type: Bouncy foam cleanser
Claims: A cleanser that gently and effectively cleanses the skin, creating the perfect blank canvas before the rest of the skincare routine
- Blue Hyaluronic Acid to hydrate the skin for deeper and long-lasting moisture
- Papain Enzyme & Cellulose Capsules to provide gentle exfoliation to help smooth, soften, and brighten the skin
I was extremely excited to try this cleanser, especially because I love the other products from the Water Bank line. However, I think this cleanser was a little overwhelming. The fragrance is too strong, and the cleanser leaves a slight film on the surface of my skin. Overall, I love the other products from the Water Bank line, but this specific product does not seem worth it for the price. If you prefer your skincare products to provide a scent-sational experience, this cleanser is for you! Also, this cleanser would be suitable for those with dry to normal skin!
7TALITHA KOUM HM+Barrier Face Cleanser
Size: 5.07 oz (150 mL)
Type: Foam cleanser
Claims: An ultra-gentle, sulfate-free, PH-optimized facial foam cleanser that leaves skin with bursting hydration
- White Dandelion Phytoplacenta Extract to moisturize and soothe the skin
- Peach Flower Extract to hydrate and promote natural moisturizing factors for healthier skin
- Green Tea Flower Extract to increase skin clarity
One of the most convenient cleansers is a foaming cleanser that does the foaming for me. Therefore, this cleanser is so easy to use, and I love its simplicity. However, the scent of this cleanser is a bit too overpowering for my liking. But if that is something you like, scented products, this is definitely for you! The cleanser is simple, so it might be considered a splurge for some, but the packaging makes up for it! Overall, an easy-to-use cleanser but most likely will not be repurchased.
8MURAD Acne Control Clarifying Cleanser
Size: 6.75 oz (200 mL)
Type: Gel to foam cleanser
Claims: A cleanser that clears the pore and treats acne to prevent breakouts and purify the pores
- Salicylic acid to dissolve excess oil, purify pores, clear existing blemishes, and prevent future breakouts
- Green tea extract to soothe and calm irritation for healthier-looking skin
If you have acne-prone skin, this cleanser is the perfect one! This is the perfect cleanser to use when I feel that my skin is about to break out or when I experience hormonal acne, this is the perfect cleanser to use! The cleanser itself leaves a slightly minty and tingly feeling on my skin. It is not irritating at all, and it is extremely refreshing, the perfect acne cleanser for sensitive skin!
9PERRICONE MD Vitamin C Ester Citrus Brightening Cleanser
Size: 6 oz (177 mL)
Type: Gel to foam cleanser
Claims: A non-drying formula that cleanses without stripping the skin of natural oils and visibly brightening the skin with Vitamin C Ester
- Vitamin C Ester to smooth, brighten, and minimize the look of discoloration over time
- DMAE to visibly lift the appearance of sagging skin over time
- Copper Complex to help visibly improve firmness and elasticity over time by hydrating and energizing skin
If you don’t like a cleanser with a tingly and minty effect but need a cleanser with brightening properties, this cleanser is perfect! This cleanser foams well and does not dry out the skin. If you have mature skin or are concerned about hyperpigmentation, this cleanser is the one for you.
10OSEA Ocean Cleanser
**You can use code “BEAUTYWITHIN10” for 10% Off!
Size: 5 oz (150 mL)
Type: Mineral gel cleanser
Type: Mineral gel cleanser
Claims: A multi-tasking cleanser that effectively removes dirt, excess oils, and impurities from the surface of the skin while maintaining a hydrated, healthy-looking complexion
- Seaweed to provide mineral-rich hydration for a clear, radiant complexion
A cleanser that I wanted to love but, unfortunately, is my least favorite of the bunch. The cleanser itself is a creamy texture with minimal foaming and has a luxurious texture to it. However, it left my skin extremely sensitive, and the cleanser stung my face. Unfortunately, this cleanser was not worth the price and is a pass for me! If you want a very luxurious cleanser, preferably if you have dry skin, this is the perfect cleanser for you!
To Sum Up…
A few cleansers stood out to me, but a few were a pass. Overall, the experience for every cleanser was unique, and it was so interesting to see that there were so many diverse ingredients and effects. My favorite cleanser for sensitive skin would be the Keys Soulcare Be Luminous Powder Exfoliator with Lactic Acid and the Murad Acne Control Clarifying Cleanser. In conclusion, trying the ten cleansers has been a positive journey. Even though I didn’t love all of the cleansers, one man’s ‘trash’ can be another man’s treasure! Please let me know what cleanser you would try in the comments below!
Want to see more discount codes? Check out the link: https://shopmyshelf.us/collections/51665
Sign up for our free online newsletter: https://bwth.in/newsletter
Shop all of our curated faves at: https://bwth.in/shop
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more information and product recommendations: https://bwth.in/subscribe