Recently we’ve been seeing skincare brands launch strawberry skincare products in the market. As it turns out, strawberries are more than just delicious fruit – they’re really good for your skin too!
Strawberry skincare products work just as well as vitamin C, tranexamic acid, and hydroquinone to brighten your skin? It’s also an ingredient that can even benefit all skin types and can even come in multiple forms to address particular skin concerns like acne and congested skin. Since strawberry skincare products are all the rage right now, here’s all the deets for this unusual ingredient.
What is it?
You can find two common forms in your skincare products: strawberry fruit extract and strawberry seed oil. Depending on the brands, you can also find them using different types of strawberries such as :
- Wild Strawberry (Fragaria Vesca)
- Chilean Strawberry (Fragaria Chiloensis)
- Modern Garden Strawberry (Fragaria Ananassa)
Strawberry Fruit Extract
This ingredient’s pretty straightforward! They’re extracted from the strawberry fruit and contain all the nutrients that help nourish and protect your skin.
Strawberry Seed Oil
As for this ingredient, the process involves cold-pressing strawberry seeds. These seeds are usually separated from the fruit and left over as byproducts from the food industry.
Other forms of strawberry you can find include “strawberry powder” and sometimes even “strawberry seeds” for exfoliation.
Benefits of Strawberries in Skincare
- Strawberries are rich in vitamin C and alpha hydroxy acids to help brighten up the skin, slough away dead skin cells, and reduce hyperpigmentation.
- They’re acidic and contain salicylic acid, which may help reduce excess sebum and benefit acne-prone skin types.
- Strawberries are antioxidant powerhouses! The ellagic acid, alpha-lipoic acid, and anthocyanins are MVPS for reducing UV ray damage, calming skin inflammation, and even preventing signs of aging.
Benefits of Strawberry Seed Oil
- Strawberry seed oil is rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, vitamin E, minerals, and antioxidants.
- You can find this ingredient in the form of a dry oil, which can benefit acne-prone, dry, and sensitive skin types for its ability to quickly absorb into the skin.
- It can prevent collagen breakdown, moisturize, and improve elasticity for supple and smoother skin.
Is strawberry skincare suitable for my skin type?
Strawberries are amazing for all skin types, and are generally safe for sensitive skin.
Do strawberries in skincare have any side effects?
While strawberry extract and strawberry seed oil are generally tolerable for all skin types, they might not be suitable for anyone with a strawberry or salicylate allergy.
What does strawberry in skincare pair well with?
Strawberries can pair well with other antioxidants, including CoQ10, Vitamin E, and quercetin. For added hydration, you can also pair with hyaluronic acid.
Don’t mix strawberry with…
Since strawberry extract contains vitamin C, you might want to be a little cautious using other products formulated with L-Ascorbic acid or Ascorbic acid alongside your strawberry skincare product. You can, however, pair it with a vitamin C derivative such as 3-O Ethyl Ascorbic Acid instead.
Strawberry Skincare Products
EMINENCE ORGANIC Strawberry Rhubarb Hyaluronic Serum (Use code “BEAUTYWITHIN” for 15% off)
See all Strawberry Skincare products in our Shop My Shelf collection:
Want to see more discount codes? Check out the link: https://shopmyshelf.us/collections/51665
Sign up for our free online newsletter: https://bwth.in/newsletter
Shop all of our curated faves at: https://bwth.in/shop
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more information and product recommendations: https://bwth.in/subscribe